Returns and Refunds Policy
Australian Rowing Trailers guarantee that products purchased are of acceptable quality, match the description of the product, are free from defects at the time of delivery, and that the product is fit for the disclosed purpose.
Contracts for the purchase of products will be governed by Australian law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
On receiving the completed product, it is the consumer’s responsibility to inspect the product to determine that the above has been met.
In accordance with the Australian Consumer Law the following policy applies to all products bought from Australian Rowing Trailers with regards to returns and refunds:
Refunds and/or repairs will be assessed according to the age and condition of the product[s] and only be offered upon the following conditions:
The following conditions will not warrant a refund or repair:
In the event of a warranty claim, proof of purchase must be provided. The warranty takes effect from the delivery date and includes replacement or repair of defects or faulty parts [at the manufacturers’ discretion] provided the defect or fault came up during normal use of the trailer in accordance with the instructions [see ‘Looking after your trailer”]. It is required as part of the warranty that the trailer is serviced under the following guidelines:
Specifically covered under warranty:
The following parts are included under warranty for a period of 2 years
Trailer frame and subframe against structural or welding defects, trailer coupling and wheel rims, winches, brake callipers, jockey wheel, roller arms, axles and springs.
The following parts are included under warranty for a period of 6 months
Wheel bearings [excluding water entry], lights, tyres, seals, hydraulic braking equipment.
The Warranty does not include:
- Regular servicing and maintenance expenses
- Work required due to long periods of non-use
- Trailer use in a manner not covered by the instructions [see the information regarding ‘Looking after your trailer’]
- Defects that occur from the results of the use of non original parts or repairs carried out by someone other than the manufacturer
- Expenses incurred in hiring a replacement trailer
- Accommodation costs or loss of revenue
- Trailer modification
- Cosmetic appearance
- Brake pads and cables
- Galvanizing on moving components such as springs, and axles
- Effects of overloading or incorrect loading and boat set up
The warranty is voided in the following circumstances:
- Product has been destroyed, lost or damaged through no fault of the supplier after delivery
- An act, default, omission or representation made by some other person than Australian Rowing Trailers
- A cause independent of human control that occurs after the product has been delivered - fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake
- Product accident or misuse
- Attachment to other property and cannot be removed without damage
- Too much time has passed
- Off road use
- Claims arising from negligence, accidental or consequential loss or damage –to the owner or third party
- Failure to properly maintain and regularly service the product
- Trailer owners who are not the original purchaser